Drum lessons in London NW10 1ED, UK
No Credit Card Required - Pay Later
A passionate and experienced drummer and teacher, I am looking to expand my student base and seek fresh tuition opportunities with new players and students. I have several years of tuition experience (both privately and through music schools), and also a wealth of live and studio experience with various artists.
A confident teacher with methods of proven success, I am comfortable with and enjoy teaching most modern styles of music to students of all ages and abilities (from 6-year-old new starters right through to veteran touring players twice my age, and everything in between!).
I do home visits (mobile tutor)
I can travel (up to): 1 hour
Travel expenses: £5
I have a DBS Disclosure Certificate (What's this?)
DBS date: 2012
Experience and Qualifications
Below is some more information regarding my tuition experience and my educational method:
• I've been teaching privately for several years, initially around the Coventry and Birmingham area before relocating to London and establishing a student base in areas such as Ladbroke Grove, Holland Park and Euston. Whilst visiting these students in person, I continue to teach students in the West Midlands – and more recently, the USA and Canada – via Skype (please contact me to discuss online tuition).
• Able to travel pretty much anywhere in London, I currently teach my students in the comfort of their own homes (though I am currently taking steps to acquire my own teaching space) from my own materials, which have been carefully assembled and are based on experience amassed from not only teaching, but also live and studio performance.
• More recently, I have become a fully certified instructor of Colin Woolway's Drumsense teaching programme, which I have integrated into my own methods to provide a comprehensive and enjoyable learning experience.
As a tutor, I offer:
• A clear, structured learning approach with an emphasis on focus and setting goals
• All rhythmic theory and technique to advanced levels
• Years of experience teaching all ages and levels across a full spectrum of styles and subjects
• Genuine enthusiasm for helping beginners take their first steps on the instrument
• Relaxed, informal attitude and commitment to helping my students develop to their own full potential
• I also pride myself in holding a 100% pass rate with Distinction for all my students who enter into Rockschool grade examinations.
THE RHYTHM STUDIO:
Aside from my private Drumsense tuition, I am also currently a leading member of the Rhythm Studio (Ladbroke Grove, W10) drum faculty. My responsibilities and contributions here have included (but are not limited to):
• One-to-one and group drum instruction across a broad spectrum of ages (with students as young as 6 and some as old as 50) and abilities, having taught those who have never held a stick before right through to seasoned touring professionals.
• Course instructor and content contributor of the Rock and Pop Academy course (tiered, graded syllabus of music performance skills), I alone have taught and assessed the drumming portion of the course since its inception. I am responsible for all instruction and grading of all students in the drum stream, with much of the course material being based on my personal teaching method which I have been using with my students for several years.
• I am the first member of teaching staff to deliver group drum lessons. After much success and great popularity, this developed into the aforementioned Rock & Pop Academy drum syllabus.
• I also pride myself in holding a 100% pass rate with Distinction for all my students who enter into Rockschool grade examinations with The Rhythm Studio.
• Admission assessments
• Progress reports for children
• Helping with organisation and co-ordination for all school showcase concerts
• Running classes for underprivileged children through the Rhythm Studio
• Member of the Faculty Band
• Keyholder and money handler
GUEST TUITION APPEARANCES:
• Guest tutor by invitation at the 2010 International Guitar Foundation (IGF) Rock Camp at the Guitar Institute in London, delivering a self-written one hour masterclass; ‘Rhythmic Subdivision & Manipulation in a Contemporary Metal Context'.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION/OTHER DETAILS:
• Confident and experienced performer and educator
• Several years of teaching experience, and also a seasoned touring player, having toured nationwide with a variety of bands and artists
• Studied privately for many years with world-reknown instructors such as Thomas Lang (private tuition and Bootcamp attendee), Benny Greb (Mastersession attendee), Travis Orbin and Tony Nash
• Specialist drumset technique instructor, teaching modern concepts such as advanced foot technique and multi-pedal/double bass drum playing, contemporary coordination, independence and interdependence, and also rudimental studies with a view to increasing improvisation skills and creativity
• Able to record and/or program professional drum tracks to order
• Strong knowledge of modern day electronic drum sets, e.g. Roland V-Drums and Yamaha DTX
I also hold the following additional certificates:
• Full Enhanced CRB Disclosure Certificate
• Full member of the Musician's Union (MU)
• Bush Fire Safety and Awareness Training Course - pass mark 100%
Testimonials and References
"If you ever need help with technique, like myself, or indeed anything to do with the drum kit then Leigh is your man. He is attentive, precise and lets nothing slip through the net. Whether it’s rudiments, sight-reading, or simply learning your favourite track, Leigh will get it done quickly but accurately, leaving nothing untouched. All genres of drumming are covered, and Leigh has introduced me to drummers and techniques that I did not even know existed, bringing the more contemporary and engaging style of teaching into play."
• Maxwell, 16
"Leigh has given me a few lessons in the couple of years that I've known him - he is an amazing teacher and an awesome guy. Not to mention his awesome drum skills! I aspire to one day become as good as he is; as a drummer, and a teacher."
• Alfie, 12
"I don’t think Jack could praise you highly enough as his teacher, mentor and role model. What can it mean for a boy of twelve with a bit of ability and a pretty rigorous classical music foundation to meet a drummer who takes seriously his obsession with music and has the knowledge to challenge him intellectually, the skill to challenge him technically, and the personal resourcefulness to be his friend while channelling all his wilful intensity? At fourteen, Jack is still at it, getting more serious, and you are still his hero and have never let him down so far! I hope you both keep drumming forever."
• Katherine on my lessons with her son Jack, 14
Booking Request Form* PAY NOTHING NOW * Payments for drum lessons are made directly to Leigh Costanza.
Description: One Drum Lesson
Tutor: Leigh Costanza
No booking fees, no commission: The lesson fee is set by the tutor and we do not add any additional fees on top.
TRAVEL EXPENSES: If you choose for the Tutor to travel to the Student's location, the Student agrees to pay the Tutor's travel expenses. Estimated £5.
By making a booking you agree to the Terms of Booking
Pay Nothing Now
You do not pay in advance to book a drum lesson with Leigh Costanza via this website.
The arrangements for drum lessons, including payments, are between you and the tutor.
The Booking Request Form on this page enables Leigh Costanza to get in contact with you to confirm a day and time for the drum lesson.
No Credit Card Required - Pay Later